From my family to yours! (and the best picture I could get!)
Hope your holiday is filled with fun, family, and of course fabulous food!
Now, I’m a big fan of crisps. Cobblers? Meh, not so much. They always seem to be raw in the middle and burned on the top.
This recipe for mixed berry or peach crisp is perfect for your 4th of July party!
You can make it in big 9×13 baking dishes
or individual sized serving dishes! Plus, the crisp topping freezing beautifully!
And, please don’t forget the vanilla ice cream.
Mixed Berry or Peach Crisp
- 2 cups each blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, and strawberries or
- 8-10 large peaches peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2-3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- ½ pound cold butter, diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the fruit of your choice with the cornstarch, sugar, and vanilla.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer mix together the sugar, brown sugar, flour, oatmeal, and butter until the mixture is crumbly.
- Pour the fruit into a greased 9x13 baking dish (or into individual ramekins) and sprinkle liberally with oatmeal mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the crisp topping is browned and bubbly. (The individual ones will take about 40 minutes.)
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Recipe for the crisp topping adapted from Ina Garten