This stuff is dangerous. I’m not kidding.
When I made it I’m pretty sure it is all I ate for 3 days. I know, not the healthiest of diets.
This recipe is so simple, you will be making it all the time.
Happy Monday!!! Hope everyone had a great Valentine’s Day this weekend, but if you are like me then you are definitely still in a chocolate coma.
Enter blueberry banana muffins. A quick and easy muffin that will help you get over the chocolate overload. I love to make a batch of muffins on the weekend and then freeze them for an easy breakfast for the whole week.
Even your most pickiest eater will love these.
Add a smear of butter (or even cream cheese, yum) and you are good to go!
And then serve them a your very own personalized cutting board! Isn’t this awesome???
My cousin Jade got if for me for Christmas and I love it!
Jade, you can pick my name for the Christmas exchange anytime!!! Love ya!
Blueberry Banana Muffins
- 1¼ cups sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups bananas (3 to 4 medium)
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line two muffin tins with liners.
- Mix sugar and butter in large bowl. Stir in eggs until well blended.
- Add bananas, buttermilk and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Stir in flour, baking soda and salt just until moistened. Add blueberries, and stir until just incorporated. Don't stir too much as you will break the blueberries.
- Fill each muffin tin about ⅓ full.
- Bake for 20 mins. The muffins are done when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Happy Groundhog’s day!!!
And happy birthday to me! (At least it’s not on Superbowl this year)
So, I was searching around looking for a birthday cake to make for myself (what, you don’t do that?)
and I came across this Brownie Bottomed Peanut Butter Cheesecake from Cookies and Cups, which is basically all my favorite things rolled into one.
And no, I’m not sharing.
Happy Happy Birthday to Me!
- 1 box brownie mix prepared per package directions
- 1 cup hot fudge sauce, divided
- 2 packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1½ cups peanut butter
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 12 peanut butter cups, chopped
- Bake brownies according to package directions, allow to cool completely.
- Remove ¾ of the cooled brownies and press into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan.
- Spread ¾ of a cup of warmed chocolate sauce on the top of the brownies.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer beat the cream cheese and peanut until evenly combined. Stir in sweetened condensed milk.
- In another bowl beat the cream with the powered sugar until stiff peaks form. Reserve 1 cup of whipped cream and fold the rest into the peanut butter cream cheese mixture.
- Spread half of peanut butter mixture on top of brownie base. Crumble remaining brownies and sprinkle them on top of peanut butter mixture. Top with remaining peanut butter mixture and finally remaining whipped cream.
- Sprinkle chopped peanut butter cups on top and drizzle with remaining hot fudge sauce.
- Chill for at least 4 hours. Overnight is best.
- Remove sides of Springform pan when ready to serve.