So my husband is all about cast iron skillets. Sooo, I have been trying to find all different ways to use these skillets!!
One great way to do that is this chicken enchilada dip.
Chicken Enchilada Dip
- 1 chopped yellow onion
- 2 grated garlic cloves
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 can rinsed black beans
- 1 cups red enchilada sauce
- 1 chiplote in adobo chopped, plus 1 tablespoon sauce
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 3 cups pepper jack cheese
- tortilla chips, for dipping
- Preheat the broiler.
- Heat a medium cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Toss in the onion and garlic. Cooked until the onion is a little charred around the edges.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients expect for the chips and cheese.
- Cook until heated thru. Sprinkle with the cheese and place under the broiler until bubbly and melted.
- Serve with corn chips.
My family loves spicy food, especially jalapeño poppers.
This dip is so easy to throw together.
Bake it off before your party,
its actually a lot better after it cools for about an hour.
Serve with tortilla chips and dig in!
Jalapeño Popper Dip
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cans (4 oz) diced jalapeños, drained
- 2 8 oz packages cream cheese
- 1 cup mayo
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 fresh jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl mix together the bread crumbs and olive oil.
- In a large bowl mix together the canned jalapeños, cream cheese, mayo, cheddar cheese, and fresh jalapeño. Transfer to baking dish (2 quart). Top with bread crumbs and parmesan.
- Bake for 30 minutes until brown and bubbly.
Ready for a photo dump???
My wedding was beautiful whirlwind of day!
Getting ready was so surreal….
My handsome husband….Matthew
Our colors were navy blue and yellow. My bouquet was unreal, it was so beautiful.
Our extended families….
Matt is one of 8 (!) boys!
My maid of honor, my stunning sister
Oh yeah, did I mention that our wedding was going on the same time as an airshow?!?!
Our beautiful children…
It was such a great day.
But you know it was all about the food right??
Mini BBQ beef sliders
Sweet and Sour Meatballs
A gorgous fruit and cheese display
An awesome cheesecake bar and beautiful cake
Thanks to my awesome mom, who shopped for and planned all of the food and my wonderful aunts for helping her!
It truly takes an army to pull off a wedding and mine was perfect.
It was the wedding of my dreams and a day I will remember for the rest of my life.
So sorry for the hiatus!
Put a ring on it…..
So then I had a wedding to plan….
And life has been a whirl wind of craziness, happiness, and bliss
Plus, the food at the wedding was awesome! But it deserves it’s own post (and my mom made all of it!)
Don’t worry though there has still be plenty of this
More to come….