This post brought to you by Fit’s Moms Blog.
So I love hummus.
On pretty much anything thing. I think I eat these at least twice a week. But it seemed like a lot of calories for just a couple of tablespoons of the stuff.
So I set out to try and remedy that.
And this version that I came up with is just a delicious as other versions, but want to know my secret???
No oil!!! It really doesn’t need it and the flavor is still there.
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 small clove of garlic
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1½ teaspoons cumin
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and give it a whirl.
- You might need to add a few tablespoons of water to get the right consistency.
- Optional: sprinkle the top with smoked paprika.
Hummus is a very personal thing. Just play around with the ratios until you find the perfect flavor for you. I used a big clove of garlic (which was a little much, but I happen to love garlic) and more lemon juice (if you have been reading for awhile that should be of no surprise to you).
Calories per serving: 100 (yipee!), with is about 1/4 a cup much more of a decent serving size!