One last muffin recipe for you guys this week I promise!!!
With the end of the school year rapidly approaching teacher gifts start coming to mind!
For the past few years I’ve brought my children’s teachers these Almond Poppyseed Muffins and they got rave reviews!
Everyone who tries these loves them!
- For the muffins:
- 3 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1⅛ cups cooking oil
- 2¼ cups sugar
- 1½ cups milk
- 1½ tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1½ teaspoons almond extract
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1½ teaspoons melted butter
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon butter flavor extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with liners.
- Mix together all ingredients for the muffins. Fill each muffin well ⅔ full. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- While the muffins are baking, mix together all of the glaze ingredients.
- Remove the muffins to a wire rack and glaze while they are still warm.
Recipe adapted from The Girl Who ate Everything.