My brother Kevin, works for Gourmet Trading, which is one of the largest importers of asparagus in the United States.
Needless to say, we eat a lot of asparagus. This one of my favorites!
First you need to trim your asparagus. Take a piece of the asparagus and hold it on either end and then bend it until it breaks naturally.
Use that piece as a guide to trim the rest of the asparagus. I like to leave the top rubber band to help keep control of them all.
Line a baking sheet with foil, lay out the asparagus in a single layer,
and drizzle with a couple of tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, 4 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar, and salt and pepper.
Toss well. Cook at 425 degree for 20-25 minutes. The tops of the asparagus will start to turn brown and they will look a little shriveled.
Serve them up!
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Line a cookie sheet with foil, spread out the asparagus in a single layer.
- Drizzle with the balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive and salt and pepper.
- Toss well.
- Roast at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes.