This post brought to you by Fit Mom’s Blog.
So who needs a detox from Easter? I’m a sucker for chocolate Easter bunnies, the cheesy potatoes, and all the sweet desserts….so you can say I’m more due for a break from high calorie foods.
This shake is Rocco Dispirito’s brain child and is a vital part of his Pound a Day diet.
At 198 calories (depending on your brand of protein powder) and 30 grams of protein it really keeps you full until lunch time.
Great way to start your day after a heavy meal the day before! Plus it’s good too!
High Protein Low Calorie Chocolate Shake
- 3 cups of water
- 1 scoop fiber powder
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husk powder
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 2 scoops egg white powder
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Place water, psyllium husk, and fiber powder in blender. Blend for 90 seconds or until thickened.
- Add protein powder, egg white powder, and cocoa powder and blend again.
- Add in about a cup of ice. Taste. Sweeten with stevia if desired.
Welcome to healthy recipe Monday brought to you by Fitness For Mommies.
I seriously have a love hate relationship with kale and how everyone pretends how good it tastes.
“No, really you can even taste it!” Yeah right. I can taste it.
Anyway, when you pair it with peanut butter is somehow becomes easier to drink. Not kidding.
Would I lead you astray?
I’ve kinda of been hooked on these lately, since our winter has been pretty much non existent in Southern California, a nice cool drink has seemed like the right thing to do.
In fact we are in a severe drought.
Do a rain dance for me if you think about, ok? Thanks.
Banana Peanut Butter Kale Smoothie
- 1 frozen banana
- 1-2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 cup kale, torn off the stems and roughly chopped
- 1 cup almond milk
- Place all ingredients in a blender, and blend. It make take a little while.
If you don’t have a frozen banana, add some ice to the blender. You want your drink to be cold. Either way it works and tastes great.
I don’t have a very high powered blender, if you do then you won’t have the little green flecks that I do. It will still taste the same either way.
Feel free to add some protein powder.
So I have joined forces with fitnessformommies.net, as a regular contributor! I’m so excited and that means good things for you, my With Love from the Vine readers as well! Every Monday, I will feature a healthy recipe to be featured on fitnessformommies.net. This week is all about the smoothie!
I love smoothies as a quick and easy breakfast, snack, or even lunch. Make sure to add in some protein powder to give your smoothie some staying power in your body and you are golden!
I have tried many protein powders, and this new one, Plant Head, fits the bill. For only 110 calories you get 15 grams of protein! That puts this whole smoothie at only 250 calories! Plus, if you use soy yogurt its vegan and gluten free. You can’t go wrong here. Plus it is such a pretty color!
Cherry Blueberry Smoothie
- 15 cherries
- ⅓ cup blueberries
- ½ cup vanilla yogurt (use dairy free if vegan)
- ½ c light almond milk
- 1 scoop Plant Head protein powder
- 5-6 ice cubes
- Place all ingredients in the blender and blend.
Another quick and easy smoothie!
You will need frozen berries, protein powder, milk, yogurt, and a lemon.
I like to add the lemon juice to wake up the flavors a little bit. Totally optional.
Place all ingredients in a blender,
and get a really cute assistant to help you blend it up.
Another breakfast idea for all you on the go moms (and dads!)
Yogurt Berry Smoothies
- 1 cup frozen berries
- 1 6 oz serving size greek yogurt, plain or vanilla
- 1 scoop of protein powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, optional
- ½ cup milk
- Place all ingredients in a blender. Blend.
I have three little kids, and I’m sure I am just like you when I say my mornings are crazy. Getting everyone up, dressed, and fed takes up the whole morning! Enter chocolate banana peanut butter smoothies!
Fuel for mom (or dad)!
It tastes like a peanut butter cup. Very quick and simple and filling.
Just throw all your ingredients into a blender and give it a whirl.
Who doesn’t love chocolate for breakfast???
Pour into a cup,
Chocolate Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie
- 1 cup of milk (I used almond milk)
- 1 peeled frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 serving (scoop?) protein powder
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend.
- Pour into a cup.
P.S. This is the protein powder I like to use. 23 grams of protein in one serving for only 120 calories!
Plus, its delicious. Especially in my chocolate banana peanut butter smoothie!