This chicken dish is easy to throw together and you probably already have all of the ingredients in your pantry or fridge.
Mix together extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, chopped rosemary (I used fresh, but dried will work as well), and salt and pepper.
Add in chicken a marinate for 10-30 minutes, depending on how much time you have. You don’t want it to marinate for much longer than 30 minutes because the vinegar will end up cooking the chicken.
Place the chicken in a large skillet and pour the marinade over top. Cook over medium heat for about 7-8 minutes, but it will depend on how thick your chicken is. I like to cover it because it will spatter a bit, and I think it helps it cook more evenly.
Flip over and continue to cook for 7-8 more minutes until the chicken is cooked through. I love the rich color that the balsamic vinegar gives the chicken.
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken, breast or thighs
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- salt and pepper
- Mix together all ingredients, except chicken. Add chicken and marinate for 10-30 minutes. Don't let it marinate much longer than 30 minutes, the vinegar will start to cook the chicken.
- Place chicken in a large skillet preheated over medium heat. Pour the marinade over the chicken. Cover. Cook for 7-8 minutes.
- Flip chicken over and continue to cook for 7-8 minutes, or until done. Let the chicken rest for 10-15 minutes before eating.
Recipe adapted from Rachel Ray.