I always get asked for this recipe. Its very simple and delicious. My mom would make this all the time when I was little. She doesn’t make very often anymore, maybe I should remedy that.
You start with french bread, monterey jack cheese, butter and garlic.
Cut the bread into slices, but not all the way thru.
Slice the cheese and place in the sliced bread.
Chop up the garlic and place it with the butter in a microwavable mug. Then cook it in the microwave until the butter is melted and it smells awesome.
Place the cheese stuffed bread in a foil boat and pour over the garlic butter. Reserve the garlic pieces, or pour them over too if you want.
Wrap it up and bake it off!
So cheesy and so good!
- 1 loaf french bread
- 1 stick butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ lb sliced monterey jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the french bread, leaving it connected at the bottom.
- Place a slice of cheese in between each slice of french bread.
- Melt the butter and garlic together, until the garlic is fragrant.
- Place the cheese stuffed bread in foil. Pour over the garlic butter, reserving the garlic. Wrap tightly in foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from foil and slice the bread all the way thru.