Way back in the day I used to date a Greek guy. Alas, the guy didn’t stick around but his mother’s lemon potatoes did! I love these as a side dish to any dinner.
(I’ve even been known to eat them cold out of the fridge. Please don’t tell on me.)
It doesn’t get any better than a plate of lemon potatoes straight from the oven.
- 4-6 russet potatoes, peeled and cubed (enough to cover the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish)
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup of lemon juice
- zest of 2 lemons
- 4 cloves of garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the potatoes in a 9x13 baking dish. In a bowl mix together the rest of the ingredients. Pour over the potatoes and toss. It might seem like a lot of liquid, but the potatoes will absorb it.
- Bake for 30 minutes, tossing the potatoes around a few times while baking, until fork tender.