These little babies are good! As you can see I really like the cherry blueberry combination.
The vanilla yogurt keeps them moist while the applesauce keeps them low fat. These have no oil or butter.
Then you can add more butter to the top! These are great for little hands and mouths and you can feel great feeding them to your kids.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon each baking powder and baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup low fat vanilla yogurt
- 6 tablespoons applesauce
- 4 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup pitted cherries
- ½ cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flours, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In another bowl, mix together the eggs, yogurt, applesauce, almond, milk and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredient to the dry, and stir just to combine. Stir in the fruit.
- Fill each muffin tin ⅔ full. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
You can also cook this in a loaf pan. It will take a little longer to cook.
If you are counting calories you can use a sugar substitute (one that measures like sugar) and an egg substitute. I’ve tried the muffins with the substitutions and they turn out great.
This recipe can easily be make vegan by using a soy or almond yogurt.