Welcome to healthy recipe Monday brought to you by Fitness For Mommies.
So, who has tried my Mexican rice? It’s good huh?
Well, I bought one of the huge bags of quinoa from Costco and have been trying to use it up ever since.
So I had this crazy idea, what if I used quinoa instead of rice?
And you know what? I like it even better. But please don’t tell the rice, it might get its feelings hurt.
- 1 tablespoon oil, (I like to use extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 cups quinoa
- 1 small can tomato sauce
- 2 cans of vegetable stock
- Cook the onions and garlic in the oil for 5 minutes.
- Add in the quinoa and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Stir in the tomato sauce and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the stock, 1 teaspoon of salt, and bring to a boil.
- Cover. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes, or until quinoa is tender.
- Fluff with a fork.