This french toast is TO DIE FOR! Sorry for screaming.
It is a great way to use up some of those last of the season peaches.
Start with some challah bread (although any kind of bread would actually work), some eggs, and some beautiful peaches.
Mix up your typical custard mixture for french toast, and pour it all over your bread that you have laid out in a single layer in a 9×13 baking dish.
Then slice up those beautiful peaches and layer them on top.
Add on your brown sugar topping,
and pour over some reduced cream. Yeah, I know this keeps getting better and better.
Look at all that yummy goodness.
Fresh out of the oven. We had this for dinner one night and everyone gobbled it up.
Add a little side of bacon and some milk and you are golden.
- 1 loaf challah bread, sliced 1 inch thick
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5-6 large peaches, pitted and sliced
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non stick cooking spray.
- Place your bread in a single layer in the baking dish. Cut pieces and squish them in to fit.
- In a large bowl mix together the eggs, milk. ¼ cup brown sugar, and vanilla. Pour over the bread.
- Layer the peaches in a pattern over the bread.
- Mix together the remaining ½ cup brown sugar with the cinnamon. Sprinkle over the peaches.
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat, reduce the cream down to ¼ a cup. Drizzle over peaches.
- Cook for one hour or until set. Let stand for 15-20 minutes. Serve with butter and maple syrup if desired (I thought it was great on its own!)