This pumpkin pasta dish is quick and easy.
Very yummy too. My kids gobble this up. Add a salad and bread and you have a complete meal in 30 minutes!
Start by cooking some onion and garlic in extra virgin olive oil.
Then stir in your pumpkin and chicken stock.
Side note: Have you guys seen this at Trader Joes? Shelf stable whipping cream.
I like to keep a couple in my pantry for recipes like this.
Add in your cream.
Then stir in some cumin, chili powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
I like to use fusilli or penne in this pasta dish. Whole grain or whole wheat is great!
Cook according to package directions.
Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and top with parmesan cheese!
- 1lb whole wheat fusilli or penne
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 2 cups or 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1 can chicken stock
- ½-3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Sautee onion and garlic in oil.
- Add in chicken stock and pumpkin. Stir in cream and heat thru.
- Add in the cumin, chili powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Stir in cooked pasta and top with shredded parmesan.