You can’t have a pumpkin week without a pumpkin roll. This dessert is so impressive, and pretty easy.
When I make it I like to double the recipe and make two, they freeze beautifully.
You start by beating together the eggs and sugar until thick.
While the eggs and sugar are beating stir together your dry indgredients.
Flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cloves, and cinnamon.
Add the pumpkin to the eggs and beat it up. Then add the dry ingredients.
Pour into a well greased 15×10 baking dish and bake at 375 for about 15 minutes.
While the cake is baking get your kitchen towel ready. Sprinkle a clean kitchen towel heavily with powdered sugar.
When your cake is done, immediately get it out of the pan onto the prepared kitchen towel.
Then roll it up, short side of the rectangle first.
One secret about this recipe is only let it cool for 30 minutes. You still want the cake to be a little warm and pliable when you add the filling.
Then mix up the filling.
Cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and vanilla. Yum.
Then unroll your cake, and spread on the filling and roll it back up.
Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least a couple of hours or overnight.
Slice it up and serve!
- For the cake:
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅔ cup pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- powdered sugar
- For the filling:
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Beat together the eggs and sugar until thick. Add in the pumpkin.
- Mix together the dry ingredients and add to the wet.
- Grease a 15x10 baking dish well, pour in batter and bake at 375 for 15 minutes or until the cake springs back when touched.
- Sprinkle a kitchen towel heavily with powdered sugar.
- When the cake is done and still hot place on prepared kitchen towel and roll it up, short side first. Cool for 30 minutes.
- Mix together filling ingredients until smooth.
- Unroll cake, spread on filling, and reroll. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Can be frozen.
- To serve, unwrap, and slice.
Recipe from Libby’s Pumpkin.