My grandma Betty passed away about 8 years ago. She was an awesome cook. A couple of years before she passed, she put together recipe packets every month for a year for the whole family. I am so grateful to have these family heirlooms. This recipe for Rich’n’Chocolate is one of her signature dishes. You will find out why once you taste taste it!
You start by mixing up some flour, chopped nuts (I used walnuts, but any nuts will do), and a stick of softened butter.
Then press that mixture into a 9×13 pan and bake it off.
Then beat up some cream cheese, powered sugar, and cool whip.
Spread the cream cheese mixture over the cooled crust.
Mix up some instant chocolate pudding and milk, and spread that over the cream cheese mixture.
Then top the whole thing off with more cool whip. Look at those layers!
I like to garnish it with more chopped nuts and chocolate swirls. Keep in the fridge until ready to eat.
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 8oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powered sugar
- 16 oz cool whip, thawed
- 2 small instant chocolate pudding mixes
- 2½ cups milk
- more chopped nuts and chocolate curls for garnish
- Mix together butter, flour, and chopped nuts with a fork. Press into a 9x13 baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Cool.
- Beat cream cheese, powered sugar, and 8 oz of cool whip together until smooth. Spread over baked and cooled crust.
- Mix together chocolate pudding and milk. Spread over cream cheese mixture.
- Top with the remaining 8 oz of cool whip and garnish with chopped nuts and chocolate curls. Keep refrigerated until ready to eat.