Welcome to healthy recipe Monday brought to you by Fitness For Mommies.
Seriously who doesn’t love eggs? They are such a great protein and so quick and easy. Perfect for those crazy Mondays!
This frittata is filled with great for you veggies as and then topped with a bright and delicious tomato salad.
It doesn’t get easier or better than this!
- 8 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 4 cups coarsely chopped radicchio
- pinch of sugar
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 3 tablespoons chopped basil
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the broiler. Position rack 4-6 inches from flame.
- Place tomatoes, basil, 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, and salt and pepper in bowl. Set aside.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil. Add the radicchio, green onions, sugar, salt, and pepper. Cook about 5 minutes, until radicchio is tender.
- While radicchio mixture is cooking, crack the eggs into a bowl. Add the milk and parmesan cheese and beat well. Add radicchio mixture to the eggs.
- Wipe out the skillet, and add 1 tablespoon oil. Pour egg mixture into skillet and cook over medium high heat, undisturbed, for about 1-2 minutes or until the bottom and sides start to set. Top with spoonfuls of ricotta cheese. Place the whole pan under the broiler for about 5 minutes or until the eggs are set and golden brown.
- Slice the frittata any way you would like and serve with tomato salad.
Recipe from the July/August 2012 edition of Food Network Magazine.