I really can not believe that March is almost halfway over! This year has really been flying by!
My kids are already on spring break, and I kid you not I was taken aback when by daughter told me on Friday that they didn’t have school for two weeks. It really snuck up on me!
One thing we can do over the break is make these cookies! They are super easy and so yummy! They can really be customizable for any holiday, just change up the sprinkles. I found these cute shamrocks at my local cake store.
I do have grip about the sprinkles you can find at the local box stores. Why do they go right from Valentine’s Day to Easter? Doesn’t St. Patricks Day deserve some love? I think so.
Anywho, make these cookies. You will be glad you did.
- 1 and ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 and ¼ cups yellow or vanilla boxed cake mix
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup sprinkles
- 10 Oreos, crushed into pieces
- In a bowl, combine the flour, cake mix, and baking soda
- Cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. About 1 minute. Add in the egg and mix well. Add the vanilla and mix again.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Gently stir in the chocolate chips, Oreos, and sprinkles.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours, but up to 3 days.
- When ready to bake, preheat your over to 350 degrees. Scoop about 2 tablespoons of the cookie dough onto the baking sheet and use your hands to form it into a ball. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until just starting to turn light brown.
- Cool for few minutes on the baking sheet, then place on a cooling rack and continue to cool to room temperature.
Recipe from Sally’s Baking Addiction and can be found here.