Back in my previous life, when I taught special education, we would make this cake every year for St. Patrick’s Day.
The students would love it, because it looks like a normal bundt cake until,
you cut into it and it’s green!
This cake is so moist and delicious. The original recipe calls for a full cup of oil, but I used half a cup of oil and half a cup of applesauce. Partially because I ran out of oil and I’m lazy and partially because I wanted to be a little healthier!
Happy St. Patrick’s Day my internet friends!
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 small box instant pistachio pudding
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup applesauce
- 1 cup club soda
- green food coloring, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a bundt pan very well.
- Mix together the cake mix and pudding mix. Add the eggs, oil, applesauce, and club soda. Mix well. Stir in food coloring if using.
- Pour into prepared pan and cook for 45-50 minute or until the cake tests done.