If you are anything like me, you love sugar cookies. But, you don’t love rolling them out and cutting them and my favorite recipe does not lend itself to a drop cookie recipe very well.
Enter sugar cookie bars! Just take my recipe for sugar cookies and half it, then press it into a cookie sheet and bake until light golden around the edges.
Frost with some very delicious frosting, and there you have it!
I’m thinking some chocolate sugar cookies with orange frosting would be perfect for Halloween!
Cool completely and frost with your choice of frosting.
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Cream the butter and sugar in a stand mixer or with a hand mixer
- Add in the vanilla and eggs. Beat well
- Add sour cream. Beat again
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to wet ingredients
- Press dough into a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the edges start to turn a light brown.
- Cool completely and frost with your choice of frosting.
You can use cream cheese frosting (yum!) or buttercream like I did to frost the cookies.