No matter how many I make of these little guys, they are always the first things gone with people asking for more!
They are so simple, and with only four ingredients, you can’t beat it.
They are a little time consuming, but boy are they delicious.
You will love them.
Bacon Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 2 pounds bacon, cooked and chopped fine
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sliced green onion
- For the cherry tomatoes: place the stem side of the tomato down so the tomato will stand up and not roll around. Slice a thin piece off of the bud end of the tomato. Scoop out the insides. (I find using some kitchen scissors to cut the membrane, and then scooping it out with a baby spoon works the best). Place on a paper towel lined cookie sheet, cut side down, to drain. This step can be done up to three days ahead of time.
- Combine the bacon, mayo, and green onions. Mixture will be on the thick side. Again using your baby spoon, stuff each tomato with some of the bacon mixture. As much as you can fit in there. Arrange on a serving platter and cover. Refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.
Football season is in full swing! And if your family is anything like mine, I’m sure there is a lot of football watching, TV screaming, and eating going on!
These bacon wrapped lil smokies are another gem from my grandma Betty.
And they only have three ingredients!
You start with some bacon and cut each piece into thirds.
Make an assembly line on a cutting board,
And wrap each piece of bacon around each lil smokie.
Line them up a on foil lined baking sheet sprayed with non stick spray. Believe me when I say not to skip this step. These pans are not fun to clean!
I always make a ton! They are always the first to go!
Sprinkle a little bit of brown sugar on each bacon wrapped smokie
And bake them off. 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Make sure to take them off the cookie sheet while they are still warm or the sugar will re-crystalize and you will not be able to get them off.
I like to keep them in some sort of warming tray or chaffing dish. They are best eaten warm!
You will have everyone asking for the recipe!
Bacon Wrapped Lil'Smokies
- Bacon, each slice cut into third
- Brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wrap each lil smokie with a piece of bacon.
- Place on a foil lined cookie sheet, and sprinkle with a little bit of brown sugar.
- Bake in a 425 degree oven, until the bacon is cooked.