Who still has Halloween candy coming out of their ears? (Steffani raises her hand). These candy bar blondies are a perfect solution to your Halloween candy dilemma. Any type of chocolate candy can be used, so mix and match to your hearts content!
Start by mixing together the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
In a seperate bowl mix the wet ingredients: brown sugar, egg, butter, and vanilla.
Mix the wet and dry ingredients together. The batter will be very thick.
Chop up your chosen candy. I used Snickers and Twix. I figured I would stay with the caramel theme. Add to batter and spread into prepared pan.
Then bake them off!
These were so dangerous I had to take them to my parents house and leave them there.
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon bakin soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1½ cups chopped up candy bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 8x8 or 7x11 baking dish liberally with cooking spray.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl mix together the sugar, butter, egg and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add the chopped up candy bars to the batter and mix well. Spread into prepared pan.
- Cook for 25 minutes or until light golden brown. Let cool completely before cutting.
Recipe from Sally’s Baking Addiction.