Happy Groundhog’s day!!!
And happy birthday to me! (At least it’s not on Superbowl this year)
So, I was searching around looking for a birthday cake to make for myself (what, you don’t do that?)
and I came across this Brownie Bottomed Peanut Butter Cheesecake from Cookies and Cups, which is basically all my favorite things rolled into one.
And no, I’m not sharing.
- 1 box brownie mix prepared per package directions
- 1 cup hot fudge sauce, divided
- 2 packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1½ cups peanut butter
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 12 peanut butter cups, chopped
- Bake brownies according to package directions, allow to cool completely.
- Remove ¾ of the cooled brownies and press into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan.
- Spread ¾ of a cup of warmed chocolate sauce on the top of the brownies.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer beat the cream cheese and peanut until evenly combined. Stir in sweetened condensed milk.
- In another bowl beat the cream with the powered sugar until stiff peaks form. Reserve 1 cup of whipped cream and fold the rest into the peanut butter cream cheese mixture.
- Spread half of peanut butter mixture on top of brownie base. Crumble remaining brownies and sprinkle them on top of peanut butter mixture. Top with remaining peanut butter mixture and finally remaining whipped cream.
- Sprinkle chopped peanut butter cups on top and drizzle with remaining hot fudge sauce.
- Chill for at least 4 hours. Overnight is best.
- Remove sides of Springform pan when ready to serve.