This side goes great with my Tilapia with Salsa Verde.
Just sauté up some red onion, garlic, jalapeño, and red bell pepper,
Add in some fresh corn and viola! Easy peasy side dish.
Warm Corn Salad
- 5 ears of corns, kernel scrapped from the cob
- 2 tablespoons evoo
- 1 jalapeño, dice
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add in oil, then garlic, onion, and jalapeño. Cook for 5 minutes. Then toss in the red bell pepper. Cook for a few more minutes. Then add the corn and cook for 5 more minutes.
We all know that my Grandma Betty was an awesome cook. I’ve featured a few of her recipes her before and this one is another winner.
Now this quiche doesn’t have a crust, so I guess it is more like a frittata. But my G-Betty called it a quiche so that is what I’m sticking with!
This recipe is so versatile. You can cut it into little squares and serve it as an appetizer (like I did), it makes a great addition to any brunch, or serve it as dinner with a light salad. Just don’t forget the salsa! I like to use Pace. But please make sure it’s at least the medium spicy. The mild is really just for wimps!
The two different types of corn and the addition of cornmeal gives this quiche great flavor and texture!
- 3 eggs
- 10 oz frozen corn, defrosted
- 1 can creamed corn
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- ½ cup cornmeal
- 4 oz grated Monterey jack cheese
- 4 oz grated cheddar cheese
- 1 4 oz ca diced green chilies
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 4 pieces bacon cooked and chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small saucepan, cook the onion in the butter. Once the onion in soft stir in the green chilies. Let cool.
- As the onion mixture is cooling crack the eggs into a large bowl.Mix them up a little bit. Stir in the defrosted frozen corn, creamed corn, cornmeal, both cheeses, salt, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir in the cooled onion mixture. Add in the bacon if using.
- Spray a 7x11 baking dish or 9x13 baking dish with non stick cooking spray. Spread the quiche mixture evenly into the pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes to one hour for the 7x11 baking dish and 30 minutes for the 9x13. You want it be a little browned and not jiggly anymore. Let cool slightly before cutting.