So my husband is all about cast iron skillets. Sooo, I have been trying to find all different ways to use these skillets!!
One great way to do that is this chicken enchilada dip.
Chicken Enchilada Dip
- 1 chopped yellow onion
- 2 grated garlic cloves
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 can rinsed black beans
- 1 cups red enchilada sauce
- 1 chiplote in adobo chopped, plus 1 tablespoon sauce
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 3 cups pepper jack cheese
- tortilla chips, for dipping
- Preheat the broiler.
- Heat a medium cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Toss in the onion and garlic. Cooked until the onion is a little charred around the edges.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients expect for the chips and cheese.
- Cook until heated thru. Sprinkle with the cheese and place under the broiler until bubbly and melted.
- Serve with corn chips.
My family loves spicy food, especially jalapeño poppers.
This dip is so easy to throw together.
Bake it off before your party,
its actually a lot better after it cools for about an hour.
Serve with tortilla chips and dig in!
Jalapeño Popper Dip
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cans (4 oz) diced jalapeños, drained
- 2 8 oz packages cream cheese
- 1 cup mayo
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 fresh jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl mix together the bread crumbs and olive oil.
- In a large bowl mix together the canned jalapeños, cream cheese, mayo, cheddar cheese, and fresh jalapeño. Transfer to baking dish (2 quart). Top with bread crumbs and parmesan.
- Bake for 30 minutes until brown and bubbly.
This is another winner from my grandma Betty. She really was the best cook, but every time I make one her recipes I feel her here with me.
Food is a great way to make memories and remember people.
Make sure you hand chop your can of artichokes, don’t put them in the food processor. They will turn to mush and your dip with not be good.
This dip is great for any occasion, and even though it’s best eaten hot, it still tastes great eaten at room temperature.
Hot Artichoke Dip
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 can of artichokes, chopped
- 1 4 oz can green chilies
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix together all ingredients. Place in a pie dish, 8x8 baking dish, or something along that size.
- Cook for 30 minutes, or until brown and bubbly.
I double this all the time and cook it in a 9×13 baking dish.
I like to serve it with chips, but some veggies would also be good with it.