Welcome to healthy recipe Monday brought to you by Fitness For Mommies.
Ever tried overnight oats? Well you should. They are quick and easy, ready when you are, and delicious too.
I’m sure most of you out there are like me. Either don’t eat anything in the mornings (who has time to feed themselves after they have already fed three little people, the bird, the dogs, the bunny, you get the picture) or grab a protein bar or something of the like.
These you mix up the night before and they are ready when you are. Grab a spoon on the way out of the door and you are set.
This recipe calls for greek yogurt. I like to use the Chobani 100 calorie containers for this. One container is the perfect size for this recipe.
Plus, chia seeds. Invest in a big bag of them. You will be happy you did. I do not recommend leaving them out of this recipe. They really help with the consistency.
This is eaten cold straight from the fridge, but you can also warm it up a little in microwave. Which is what I do on these chilly mornings.
When you first mix it up, it will look like some gross soupy concoction, but overnight in the fridge and voila!
You have a pudding like bowl of oatmeal, where the chia seeds have worked their magic, the oats have softened, and everything has melded together nicely.
Add some mini chocolate chips and a few graham crackers and call it a day.
Overnight S'mores Oats
- 5.3 oz container of Chobani greek yogurt-vanilla flavored
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- ½ cup of old fashioned oatmeal
- ½ cup almond milk
- mini chocolate chips (as many as you would like)
- graham crackers (as many as you would like)
- Mix together the yogurt, chia seeds, oatmeal, and almond milk. Stir well and let sit overnight in the fridge.
- In the morning, stir well (you might need to add a little more milk but I usually don't) and top with mini chocolate chips and graham crackers.
This recipe could be easily made gluten free by using gluten free oats.