Ok, I know, I know. I need to cool it with the grilled vegetables. But really once the warm weather hits, they are such a staple in my diet and should be in yours too!
This is another great way to use up all your grilled veggies! Plus, this salad is delicious cold or at room temperature. Perfect for BBQ’s (mayo free!) and something a little different that everyone will love.
Quinoa with Balsamic Grilled Vegetables
- 2 cups chopped grilled vegetables
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 oz goat cheese
- Mix together grilled veggies and quinoa. Dress with extra virgin olive oil and vinegar. (Sometimes I don't even use the oil!) Taste it and see if you need to add a little more. Crumble goat cheese and carefully fold in.
Any vegetables left over from yesterday?
Ok good. Make this sandwich.
So simple, so yummy, and so good for you. I like to make my sandwiches open faced so save on calories from the bread, as well as carbs. Believe me when I say that second slice of bread won’t be missed. Be forewarned that this is a knife and fork sandwich!
Open Grilled Vegetable Sandwich
- 1 slice good quality bread
- ½ tablespoon light mayo
- Assorted mixed grilled vegetables
- Sliced tomato and peperoncinis
- 1 slice of cheese
- Spread the mayo on the bread then layer on your grilled vegetables. I used zucchini, yellow squash, red and yellow bell peppers, asparagus, and grilled onions. Use what ever floats your boat. Then add the tomatoes and peperoncinis. Top with the slice of cheese. Broil until the cheese is melted and light golden brown.
This recipe brought to you by Fitness For Mommies.
So I was walking thru the grocery store the other day a low and behold what I did see?
Gourmet Trading Asparagus looking at me!
Now I know I’ve mentioned before that my brother Kevin works for Gourmet Trading and so we usually get our (very!) fresh and delicious asparagus from him, but he lives 2 hours away and sometimes you just need asparagus, ya know? So, when I saw this I knew I had to buy it (plus it was on sale!). Got to support the fam right?
So what to do with this lovely asparagus? When in doubt grill it!
I also picked up some zucchini, yellow squash, big yellow onions, and red and yellow bell peppers.
Slice them all up and dress them in balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, and some salt and pepper. No recipe needed. Use as much or as little as you would like.
Throw them on a medium-high grill, and grill until they have grill marks. (The onions will take twice as long as everything else. As soon as the rest of the veggies have grill marks on them they are done).
Plate them up and eat! Perfect for summer!