For Mother’s Day (yes I know it was a few weeks ago, thank you) I made my mom and all the moms in my life little baskets filled with baked treats.
These Orange Raspberry Muffins are so good, I couldn’t not share them with you!
I used fresh orange juice and zest from my dad’s orange grove and frozen raspberries.
This combo is so good, you will be coming back for seconds and thirds!
- For the muffins:
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup orange juice
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 2 sticks butter, melted
- 3½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1½ tablespoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Zest of 1 orange
- 12 oz frozen raspberries
- For the glaze:
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1½ cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a muffin tin with liners.
- In a large bowl combine the milk, orange juice, sour cream, eggs, and melted butter. In another bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ones and stir until just combined. Stir in zest and frozen raspberries. Fill each muffin tin ⅔ full.
- While muffins are baking, make the glaze. Stir together all ingredients.
- When muffins test done after about 18 minutes remove from pan and cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack. Then glaze when they are still a little warm.