Another chocolate and peppermint recipe??? But why not? It’s Christmas time and the flavors together are just so great! These cookies are rich from the chocolate base with a kick of peppermint from the white chocolate and peppermint flavored kisses.
These are so pretty and festive looking too. Not to mention the taste! The taste can’t be beat!
First you need to round up your little elves to help with the dough.
And get the littlest elf to unwrap kisses (and he did great! He unwrapped that whole bowl all by himself and didn’t even eat one!)
Plop the cookie dough on the cookie sheets and bake them off. Right when they come out place a kiss in the center of each cookie, pressing down to adhere it to the cookie. Remove from cookie sheet and allow to cool completely so the kiss will harden. You can place them in the fridge if you would like.
This is the last chocolate peppermint recipe I swear. Maybe.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 12 oz bag or 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 bag of Candy Cane Hershey's Kisses, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a stand mixer cream the butter and sugars until nice and fluffy (about 3-4 minutes). Add in the eggs one at at time, and then the extracts.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cocoa. Add to the wet ingredients. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Place scant tablespoons on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately place a kiss in the center of each cookie, pressing down to adhere the kiss to the cookie. Remove from cookie sheet and cool completely. Allow the kiss to harden. You may place the cookie in the fridge to speed up the process.
Recipe inspired by Our Best Bites.