I don’t know how things are at your house, but at my house my children could drink ranch salad dressing.
They also love twice baked potatoes.
So I figured, why not combine the two!
The result was nothing sort of incredible!
- 5-6 russet potatoes, baking sized
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup shredded cheese, plus more for topping
- 2 tablespoons powered ranch dressing mix
- milk to thin if needed
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Scrub the potatoes and place in the oven. Cook for about 45 mins or until fork tender. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Slice each potato in half lengthwise and scoop the inside out into a bowl, being careful to leave a thin layer of potato in the skin and not puncture a hole in it. (Note: I like to cook up 6 potatoes, but only end up stuffing 5 of the potato skins so they are extra full!)
- To the potato pulp in the bowl, add the the butter, sour cream, cheese, and ranch dressing mix. Give it a good mash with a potato masher or if you want it really fine you can use a hand mixer. Season with salt and pepper
- Scoop the mixture back into the potato skins and top with a little more cheese. Place on a cookie sheet and put back in the oven until the cheese on top is melted and the potatoes are warmed thru.