This dessert has a huge wow factor with minimal effort.
Start with some freshly sliced pineapple and cream cheese pound cake.
Spray them down with a little bit of baking spray and cook,
just long enough to get grill marks on both sides.
Place a piece of grilled pound cake on a plate, top with the grilled pineapple, some vanilla ice cream, and store bought caramel sauce.
Grilled Pineapple and Pound Cake
- sliced fresh pineapple
- sliced pound cake
- baking spray
- vanilla ice cream
- caramel sauce
- Spray the pound cake and pineapple with baking spray. Grilled over a hot grill until grill marks form.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce.
So I’m pretty sure my grandma Betty owned stock in butter, mayonnaise, and cream cheese.
Butter? Check. Cream cheese? Check. Thank the lord she left the mayo out of this recipe.
This recipe is so easy and produces a dense and rich pound cake as a perfect base for any recipe!
Look at that luscious batter.
It can bake up a little dark on the sides so don’t be alarmed.
But, the middle will be perfectly cooked and delicious.
Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- 1 cup butter
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cream together the butter, cream cheese, and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at at time, beating well after each addition.
- Add in baking powder, mix well, and then slowly add in flour.
- Spray two 8.5x4.5 loaf pans with baking spray and divide batter evenly between loaf pans.
- Bake for 1 hour 10 mins or until a toothpick inserted in the middles comes out clean.