If you are anything like me, then you need something warm to to eat in the morning. A cold bowl of cereal just ain’t gonna cut it. Now don’t get me wrong, I love my cereal, but I’m more of cereal for dinner kind of gal.
Enter pumpkin oatmeal. So filling and so good. Plus it uses up the last of that can of pumpkin.
Don’t you just hate recipes that call for 1 cup of pumpkin puree??? Really??? What am I supposed to do with the remaining half a cup?
Well, now you can make this.
- ½ cup old fashioned oatmeal
- 1 cup almond milk
- ½ cup water
- stevia and salt, to taste
- ⅓-1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- dried cranberries, to taste
- pistachios, to taste
- In a really big microwaveable bowl, mix together the oats, water, almond milk, stevia, and salt. Microwave at 50 percent for 5 minutes and then at 100 percent for 3 minutes. Stir every couple of minutes Make sure to use a really big bowl or they might boil over. You might need to cook a little longer depending on your microwave.
- Once the oats are finished, stir in the pumpkin and top with cranberries and pistachios.