Ok, I know, I know. I need to cool it with the grilled vegetables. But really once the warm weather hits, they are such a staple in my diet and should be in yours too!
This is another great way to use up all your grilled veggies! Plus, this salad is delicious cold or at room temperature. Perfect for BBQ’s (mayo free!) and something a little different that everyone will love.
Quinoa with Balsamic Grilled Vegetables
- 2 cups chopped grilled vegetables
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 oz goat cheese
- Mix together grilled veggies and quinoa. Dress with extra virgin olive oil and vinegar. (Sometimes I don't even use the oil!) Taste it and see if you need to add a little more. Crumble goat cheese and carefully fold in.
Welcome to healthy recipe Monday brought to you by Fitness For Mommies.
So, who has tried my Mexican rice? It’s good huh?
Well, I bought one of the huge bags of quinoa from Costco and have been trying to use it up ever since.
So I had this crazy idea, what if I used quinoa instead of rice?
And you know what? I like it even better. But please don’t tell the rice, it might get its feelings hurt.
- 1 tablespoon oil, (I like to use extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 cups quinoa
- 1 small can tomato sauce
- 2 cans of vegetable stock
- Cook the onions and garlic in the oil for 5 minutes.
- Add in the quinoa and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Stir in the tomato sauce and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the stock, 1 teaspoon of salt, and bring to a boil.
- Cover. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes, or until quinoa is tender.
- Fluff with a fork.