Can you say yum?!?!? These little suckers are so good, and who doesn’t love a no bake dessert?
I don’t care how old you are, everyone loves rice crispy treats.
Add in the flavor of cake batter, and you’ve got a win win situation.
See what I mean? So much for my perfect shot of rice crispy treats.
Cake Batter Rice Crispies
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- ½ cup cake mix (I used vanilla)
- 6 cup rice crispy cereal
- Colored sprinkles, if desired
- Spray a 9x13 pan with baking spray. In a large pot melt the butter and marshmallows together. Once melted, add in the cake mix. Mix well.
- Stir in the rice crispy cereal and sprinkles if using. Pour mixture out into prepared pan and press it out level. (Tip: use slightly wet hands and you won't have sticky mess!)
Calories per serving: 175
So yeah….want to take your rice crispy treats up a notch?
Brown the butter first. It transforms them into a different treat entirely. It really gives them a depth of flavor and deep butter flavor like nothing else.
I drizzled mine with pink and red candy melts to make them more festive, but they really don’t need it.
Try it. You won’t be sorry.
Browned Butter Rice Crispy Treats
- ¼ cup butter
- 6 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups rice crispies
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt the butter. Keep cooking the butter until it turns golden brown and starts to smell nutty. Add in the marshmallow and melt. Once everything is melted, add the rice crispies and coat in the marshmallow mixture. Place in a greased 9x13 pan and press out evenly. If its sticking to your fingers, you can lightly wet your hands to press it out. Let cool completely and cut into squares.