This side goes great with my Tilapia with Salsa Verde.
Just sauté up some red onion, garlic, jalapeño, and red bell pepper,
Add in some fresh corn and viola! Easy peasy side dish.
Warm Corn Salad
- 5 ears of corns, kernel scrapped from the cob
- 2 tablespoons evoo
- 1 jalapeño, dice
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add in oil, then garlic, onion, and jalapeño. Cook for 5 minutes. Then toss in the red bell pepper. Cook for a few more minutes. Then add the corn and cook for 5 more minutes.
I seriously can not believe that I haven’t shared this recipe yet! My aunt Janette is an amazing cook (as I have said before!) and this recipe is so simple and so delicious!
So easy too! Everything can be kept on hand for those last minute get togethers!!!
- 1 lb salad macaroni
- 6 eggs
- 3 pickles
- 1 bunch green onions
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups mayo
- Bring a big pot of water to a boil. Add salt, then the macaroni and eggs. Cook per directions on package of macaroni (don't worry the eggs will turn our perfect). Drain the macaroni, and fish out the eggs. Rinse the macaroni with cold water. Peel the eggs.
- In a food processor roughly chop the green onions, pickles, and eggs. You want fine pieces but not puree. Place egg mixture in a bowl with the sour cream and mayo. Mix well. Stir in macaroni. It will seem a little soupy but with thicken up in the fridge. If you want you can add a little pickle juice with the sour cream and mayo. Refrigerate until ready to eat.