Anyone else still have tomatoes coming out of their ears?
My version of gazpacho is easy, delicious, and great for you. I make it early in the week and then it is perfect to have for lunch or a light dinner.
I just chunk up all of the veggies and bread, plop them in a blender, and then run the whole thing thru a food mill to get out the tomato skins, cucumber seeds, and anything else that would make it now smooth.
I also like to chopped up some extra cucumber and red bell pepper into a small dice to give the soup a little heft.
But that is totally optional. The gazpacho of just a good without it.
- 8-10 medium tomatoes
- 1 large cucumber, peeled
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 3 cups cubed french bread
- 1½ cups water
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Cut the tomato, cucumber, and red bell pepper into chunks. Place all ingredient into a blender (you might need to do this in batches).
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour the soup thru a food mill to strain out all of the tomato skins.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat.
You can also cut up some additional cucumbers and red bell pepper to add to the soup right before eating.
To change it up a little bit add in a clove or two of garlic.