So ever have those nights (especially in the summer for me) that you just don’t want to cook and the only thing that will hit the spot is a crisp green salad????
Then this my friend is the recipe for you.
Wedge salads can pretty ho hum in my opinion, but not this one. The dressing is so good you can drink it.
- For the salad:
- 2 heads of ice burg lettuce, quartered
- chopped tomatoes
- chopped cooked bacon
- chopped red onion
- For the dressing:
- ½ pound of blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 cups of mayonnaise
- ⅓ cups Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 dashes Tabasco
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- ¼ cups minced onion
- For the Dressing: place onion, mayo, vinegar, Tabasco, salt and pepper, Worsectershire in a blender. Blend it up. Add half of the crumble blue cheese and blend again. Add in the remaining blue cheese and give is a good stir (don't blend).
- For the Salad: place a wedge of lettuce on the plate, top with dressing, onion, tomatoes, and bacon.