I love mexican food, especially burritos. Ask anyone, it will probably be my last meal.
Here is an easy quick recipe for those crazy weeknights.
Take a can of refried beans and dump them in a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and heat in the microwave until hot.
Then take a can of enchilada sauce (any kind, red or green) and heat it up in a pan or in the microwave.
I like to us the La Victoria brand, make sure to the mild. I like things spicy but the hot one is really hot.
Grate up some cheese, or used the pre shredded kind. I used Monterey jack. Pepper jack or that pre shredded mexican blend would be good too.
Look at those cute boys in the back ground! Got to love those iPads.
Then cook up some mexican rice,
and heat your tortilla. I have a gas stove and do it right on the burner. You could also use a dry skillet.
Spread on the beans, rice, and cheese an roll it up.
Top with the warmed enchilada sauce.
I like mine with sour cream and Cholula.
- mexican rice
- refried beans, heated
- shredded cheese
- enchilada sauce, heated
- Heat up your tortilla using your preferred method.
- Spoon about ½ a cup of beans, ½ cup rice, and ⅓ cup of cheese on the bottom third of the tortilla.
- Fold the part of the tortilla that is closed to you up over the fillings.
- Fold in either side. Roll it up.
- Place your burrito on a plate and cover with enchilada sauce.