I love peppermint at any time during the year, but especially during the holidays. And in some white chocolate and you have a match made in heaven.
These cookies are so tender due to the cornstarch in the dough, plus they use melted butter so you don’t have wait around for the butter to soften. Score!
I found these white chocolate peppermint M&M’s at target and they are perfect in these cookies. If you can’t find these, then white chocolate chips would work beautifully. You might want to amp up the peppermint extract a little bit if you aren’t using a peppermint flavored mix in.
- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 bag white chocolate peppermint M&M's
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Melt the butter and white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second intervals until melted. Stir in the sugar until well incorporated.
- Add in the eggs and the extracts.
- Mix together the dry ingredient and then add to the wet ones. Stir in the M&M's. You might want to save back a few of the candies to place on top of the mounds of cookie dough to make the cookies look pretty. Chill the dough for at least 4 hours. The dough will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Bake at 350 for 8-11 minutes or until just starting to brown. Don't over cook!